Skill level: Easy
Drawers - Sterilite brand - dimensions 13.5" x 11" w (can be purchased at Target or Wal-mart)
- 3/4 yd Double sided quilted material (60" width)
- 1/2 yd coordinating fabric for binding
- 18" of 3/4" or 1" wide sew in velcro
- 2 2/3 - 3 yds of webbing for handles*
- Coordinating thread and bobbin thread (you will be machine binding)
Cutting mat at least 24" x 18"
Rotary cutter with sharp blade
Rulers 6"x24" recommended
Pins, scissors, clips, & other notions
Sewing machine in good working order
Sewing machine needles 80/12 universal AND 80/12 or 90/14 Denim or Jeans needle
- a walking foot if you are quilting your own fabric is recommended
- General stitch foot (J foot for Baby Lock)
- Decorative stitching foot (N foot for Baby Lock)
- 1/4" foot with or without guide (optional)
You can get different sized drawers if you would like but the amount of fabric will change.
If you can't find double sided quilted material, quilt your own using a tight quilt pattern approximately 3/4" to 1" apart. You will need 1 1/3 yds each of two fabrics (top and bottom) plus 1 1/3 yds of batting.
You can also use canvas or denim material.
You can also make or use the quilted material for your straps instead of webbing.
|Skill Level: ||beginner|
|Skill Details: |
|Instructor: ||Janice Self|